The Utah State University Writing Centers provide a positive and inclusive environment for university and community writers to improve their communication skills. We collaborate with writers and communicators of all levels, on all subjects, and through all stages of writing. During our one-with-one tutoring sessions, we ask questions, explore ideas, research solutions, practice writing concepts, and build connections. We believe writing isn’t just a thing we do, but an extension of everything we do.
Our goals include:
· Fostering long-lasting relationships between students, tutors, and our community
· Building on writers’ strengths and empowering them to express their ideas
· Providing an open, fun space where learning among tutors and writers is reciprocal
· Facilitating growth and development throughout all stages of the writing process
· Promoting academic inquiry, critical thinking, and the expression of diversity
· Upholding the USU English Department’s Commitment to Diversity:
PLEASE ADVISE: Though the Writing Center offers supplemental tutoring and guidance for improving writing skills, this tutoring neither alters nor replaces the guidelines provided by course instructors or the writing and research policies provided by Utah State University. All students are ultimately responsible for understanding their own instructors’ expectations and the university’s academic honesty/integrity policies.